Totika is one of my favorite therapy tools to use with clients 7 years and older. I even recommend parents buy this game to play with your family. It is similar to Jenga, except it comes with questions that you answer between each piece that is pulled from the tower. I’m sure my fellow therapists out there are familiar with this one and hopefully they have as much success as I do. It comes with a Self-Esteem Deck of Cards, but you can also buy the Teen-Adult Questions as well.
There are literally thousands of questions, but here are a few of the them just to give you an idea of what to expect:
- If you are feeling unmotivated, who helps you get yourself going?
- If you thought someone was laughing at you, what might you do?
- What might you feel when you make a wise decision?
- If you could get rid of one thing that irritates you, what would it be?
- What might you be able to teach others?
- What would you like to see change for you in the future?
- Who are three of your role models?
- Who notices when you do something well?
- If you had it all to do again, what might you like to know sooner in life?
- What are you doing to live a healthy life?
- If you could be successful at anything, what might you do?
- What are your three highest priorities in life?
- What is the single most important choice you have made?
- How might you describe faith?
- What has brought you immense joy in life?
As you can see, there are a lot of really good questions that encourage thought and self-reflection. This game can be purchased online at www.selfhelpwarehouse.com or possibly www.childtherapytoys.com for around $20. Have fun!