It’s Finally The Weekend!!
Every week I come across so many informative articles, funny and inspiring quotes, and cool websites. It’s impossible to post them all on my facebook page, so here’s what I came across this week.
Have a great weekend!
1. In honor of the final week of the 2012 London Olympics, I found a good post by a sports psychologist on what he thinks will make for a successful Olympic experience. We can actually ALL use these tips when striving for a goal!!
Here are some of my initial tips for an athlete’s success at the Olympics:
- Arrive psychologically ready having developed your psychological skills
- Keep your goal(s) in mind for the event. Ensure these are realistic (SMART)
- Know your Olympic Game(s) plan – how you will manage your sports time during the competition and training times
- Know how you will manage your downtime – take it easy, relax, chill, put your mind on other things
- Be confident - recall all your preparation, training sessions, markers that you are ready for this, trust your preparation
- Manage pre-competition nerves
- Review each performance in a balanced way, so you can spot opportunities to tweak your plan while you are still at the Games (but be careful not to over meddle)
- Focus on you and what you need to do to perform well (don’t get too distracted by other athletes or the ‘circus’)
2. This website has some great downloads for therapeutic activities. Here are a few of my favorites, but there are many more so check it out!
3. What a great reminder and visual aid for the power of exercise on our physical and psychological health!
4. I thought this was a cool visual of the categories of anti-psychotics. Here’s the visual link.