I bought this CD many months ago and have finally taken the time to start listening. I love Adventures Within so much, I wanted to share it with you all!
Kids Relaxation (www.kidsrelaxation.com) is one of my favorite blogs. It’s filled with wonderful ideas for teaching kids (and adults) relaxation techniques using quite a bit of guided imagery.
Here is what I love so far:
- The CD was a purchase I made to use with kids in session, but I have actually found it to be useful for myself, and for adults too.
- The female voice narrating is both calming, as well as kid-friendly. In other words, it is relaxing, but will still keep kids engaged.
- The CD starts out by teaching HOW to relax through imagination, deep breathing (she calls it balloon breathing), and positive self talk.
- There are numerous guided imagery scenaries on the CD.
- I am still working my way through the entire CD, but so far my favorite is Finding Strength in the Storm. And guess what? You can purchase each one separately on mp3. I linked you to my favorite, but certainly suggest listening to more than one.
If you have a relaxation or guided imagery CD or mp3 you enjoy, please share!
You May Also Like:
For more information on my clinical practice, please visit www.kimscounseling.com. 🙂