Welcome and hello! My name is Kimberly Peterson. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, Clinical Supervisor, and Registered Play Therapist in Dallas, Texas. This basically means that I am trained and licensed by the state of Texas to help people sort out difficult problems, emotions, and life issues.

With over ten years of experience in mental health counseling, I have spent most of that working with individuals of all ages. In fact, I am often the “go to” therapist for children and adolescents. However, I am not limited to any age range and maintain at least one half of my time with adults.

CALL: 832-647-3835


Therapy for Individuals 

  • Children, Adolescents, and Adults
  • Depression and Anxiety
  • Stress Management
  • Work and Career Issues
  • Grief Counseling
  • Anger Management
  • Divorce and Separation
  • Relationship Problems
  • Post Partum Depression and Adjustment
  • Body Image

  • Self Esteem
  • Social Skills
  • Lack of Motivation
  • Inattention and Hyperactivity
  • Difficulty Adjusting

Family and Parent Counseling 

  • Parenting Support and Techniques
  • Conflict Resolution
  • Early Infant Attachment Consultations
  • Child and Parent Psychological Assessments


Face-to-face sessions are provided at the office of HeadFirst Counseling. The location is These sessions offer clients a safe place to work through any problem areas they struggle with at the time. The physical presence of your therapist can be calming and uplifting. In addition, our office is thoughtfully arranged for at therapeutic environment.

The suite includes a room for activity therapy (great for teenagers!), a play therapy room, and a comfortable talk therapy and parent consultation room. I can accommodate the needs of a variety of clients.

HeadFirst Counseling is conveniently located in Preston Center in University Park next to Highland Park, Preston Hollow, Oak Lawn, Park Cities, and Bluffview neighborhoods.

8215 Westchester Dr. #145, Dallas TX 75225


Online sessions are a great way for people who are very busy, on vacation, unable to leave their home or workplace, or do not have childcare. I am licensed in Texas so only residents of Texas may participate in virtual therapy with me. I recommend online sessions only for individuals ages 14 years and up. I will provide you with information on VSee, the only video conference used for sessions. This program is similar to Skype; however, Skype is NOT HIPPA compliant (meaning does not secure your privacy) and should not be used for clinical sessions. As with in-office sessions, we will schedule a time for your session. You may be at the park on your phone or at the office on your PC… any place that works best for you!

Note for parents: If you are unable to attend sessions due to childcare, please attempt to keep children occupied and in a safe distance from hearing discussions. A mother myself, interruptions are a given and we will work the best we can! Newborn and infants are welcome in your arms!




To schedule, please contact me via email, phone, or with the contact form below. Thank you.


2 thoughts on “Services

  1. Hi,
    I am a current graduate student (MA counseling at Grace College) and am new to the Houston area as of 2011. I am currently looking for a practicum and internship site but have hit many walls with everyone I have contacted regarding supervision possibilities. I don’t have any contacts and am trying to begin networking but continue to struggle to find somewhere to supervise. As a LPC-S, do you have any suggestions for me, as a student, of where to look and inquire about practicum and internship sites? Many places will not consider me because they have contracts with the local universities and not with my program.

    Thank you for your time and I love that I discovered your blog. It is very helpful and insightful!

    Sarah Lang

  2. Call Directions of Recovery, Inc. they do practicums and Internships I am on My internship with them right now. I am a substance abuse counselor intern. licensed since January of 2013 their phone number is 713-695-5242 ask for Christine Baker or Jerry Johnson.

Leave a Reply